Normanton War Memorial

Submit a new image

Reference WMO203345

Address:

St Giles' Church

Village Street

Normanton

Derby

DE23 8DE

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Unknown cross
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Raised
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: St Giles' Church, Normanton (formerly Normanton-by-Derby) was the garrison church of nearby Normanton Barracks, Headquarters of the Sherwood Foresters Regiment. The War Memorial near the gate was unveiled in 1922 by Lt General the Right Hon Sir Frederick Charles Shaw of Normanton House.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details
Report this comment

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Grade II (England)

1431385

Information Required

Information Required