CARISBROOKE

Submit a new image

Reference WMO214897

Address:

ST MARY THE VIRGIN CHURCH

HIGH STREET

CARISBROOKE ISLE OF WIGHT

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Other cross
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Incised
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
  • Malayan Emergency (1948-1960)
About the memorial: PLAIN CELTIC CROSS ON SQUARE PLINTH AND SINGLE STEP IN CHURCHYARD Erected by public subscription and unveiled on 8th May 1921 by Lady Seely. Dedicated by the Bishop of Southampton. Small plaque with no names, in recognition of WWII losses, was installed in 1994, funded by the Daisy Rich Trust and the Newport and Carisbrooke branch of the Royal British Legion. Rededicated 17th April 1994.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

ERECTED TO THE MEMORY OF THE MEN OF THIS PARISH WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1919. THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE. TO THE PEOPLE OF CARISBROOKE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES IN THE WAR 1939-1945. WE WILL REMEMBER THEM (names)

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Curtilage

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required