Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
Latin cross on octagonal, tapering stem (with gothic window type pattern on each face and knot like border at top & bottom) and set on octagonal plinth, with dedication & names in black, standing on chamfered 2 step base in churchyard.
The War Memorial is situated in the churchyard to left of the gates leading to main door into the church.
The design takes the form of carved Elizabethan Cross, in white Kemay Granite
Total Height 14ft 6inch.
Bottom die measures 4ft 6inches across with an octagonal die3ft 6inch by 2ft 9inch.
Shaft of the cross 9ft 6inch and is one piece of granite.
Design and contact by Mr A H Barrowdale, Carlton Road, Worksop, Notts.
Cost just over £400 paid for with a donation of £250 from the Bolsover Colliery Company, and money raised by public subscription.
Edit memorial details