Farnham Memorial Hall

Submit a new image

Reference WMO219774

Address:

Babbs Mead

West Street

Farnham

GU9 7EE

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Hall
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Farnham Memorial Hall was built by the owner of The Farnham United Brewery in 1920 and opened in 1921. It was built to commemorate the five members of staff of the Lion Brewery who lost their lives in the 1914-1918 war. Their names are carved on a plaque above the main entrance to the Hall. The external facing of the building is incribed Armor Patriae The Brewery was later sold to Courage's Brewery in Alton, who in 1947 donated the Memorial Hall to the Farnham Urban District Council for the use of the 'Local Community'
Edit memorial details

Erected in memory of those members of the staff of the Farnham United Breweries Ltd who died in the service of their country in the Great War 1914-1918. 5 Names listed

G Ayres M Glazier CT Hawkins F Mansey JPB Wallace

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required