Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The church is clearly new so presumably the memorial has been retained within this new building.
Update 25/04/2016 (from IOM National Inventory of War Memorials, as a note on the entry for the HMS Valkyrie memorial, IOM_NIWM_DOU_00026):
'Note regarding other memorials in Loch Parade Church: Prior to 1972 there were two Methodist Churches in lower Douglas; Loch Parade and Victoria Street. Due to dwindling congregations it was decided to demolish both, sell the Victoria site and build a purpose built one on the Loch Parade site. On the demolition of the churches, several memorials were saved and finding a place for them proved difficult. Victoria Street minister and congregation would not agree to have their plaque displayed in Loch Parade. After much deliberation it was sadly decided that neither memorial should go on display. After much discussion it was decided that both memorials would be incorporated in the foundations of the new Loch Parade, and so they were, in their undamaged form and with a certain amount of care. [Information courtesy of Hector Duff, Isle of Man Committee for the Preservation of War Memorials, 2012].'
It therefore appears that this memorial (along with others) was incorporated into the foundations of the 1976 Loch Promenade church.
This memorial therefore does not appear on the Isle of Man National Inventory of War Memorials.
Edit memorial details