On original site
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
This granite stone war memorial comprises a square stone base surmounted by a tapering plinth and round Celtic cross incorporating sword hilt to the cross composition and blade of carved sword of sacrifice to the squared shaft of the cross. The memorial is enclosed by a metal link chain between corner bollards. The memorial carries a leaded WW2 inscription is at the foot of the shaft with the WW1 leaded inscription to the plinth. The memorial is located Outside Nordelph Village Hall on High Street in Nordelph.
The memorial was unveiled and dedicated in 1923 by Reverend Dr. E.E. Bradford. The land on which the memorial is sited was donated Mr A.H. Worth, a local landowner who provided a house and surrounding land for the purpose of a village institute where particularly the men of the village could undertake recreational and educational pursuits following the 1914-18 war. The memorial was funded by public subscription.
Edit memorial details