Udney Park War Memorial Playing Fields

Submit a new image

Reference WMO223923

Address:

Udney Park

Teddington

Tw11 9HN

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Park
Materials:
  • Brick Brick
Lettering: Other
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Udney Park War Memorial Playing Fields were originally established as a War Memorial and recreation ground for orphans of the Merchant Taylors school in 1919. An Edwardian War Memorial Pavilion was opened in 1919 and is still in use today. In 1938 the Playing Fields were donated by Lord Beavorbrook for the 'playing of amateur rugby' in perpetuity, principally for the students of St Mary's Hospital Medical School. Inside the pavilion memorials were added for notable St Mary's alumni that gave their lives in Service in WW2.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required