St George's Chapel of Remembrance, Douglas

Submit a new image

Reference WMO232906

Address:

Church of St George

Upper Church Street

Douglas

Isle of Man

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Chapel/church
Materials:
  • Timber Timber (any)
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Chapel of Remembrance created by the removal of several pews on the north side of St George's church. It is now panelled in wood and bordered by a wooden screen. Seats have been provided and it serves as a small chapel for Communion. The chapel houses the Book of Remembrance (memorial 222708) and the Comodore Callister plaque (memorial 222822) as well as various other non war-related memorials. It was unveiled and dedicated in January 1929 and erected by Messrs Jones and Willis, church-furnishers of Liverpool. Isle of Man National Inventory of War Memorials: IOM_NIWM_DOU_00012_4
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

A brass plaque is mounted outside the chapel. Transcription reads: 'To the Glory of God and in ever loving memory of the men of this Parish who fell in the Great War 1914-1918.'

None (these are recorded in the Book of Remembrance, Memorial No 222708, contained within the Chapel).

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required