Royal Engineers' Chapel

Submit a new image

Reference WMO239715

Address:

St. Paul's Church,

Edisford Road

Low Moor

Ribble Valley

Clitheroe

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Chapel/church
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Royal Engineers' Memorial Chapel constructed inside St. Paul's Church which was the garrison church when the Royal Engineers - No. 1 Training Battalion - were stationed at Low Moor in the deserted cotton mill from 1940 - 1946.A dedicatory inscription on a brass plate at the entrance.
Edit memorial details
Report this comment

'This chapel is dedicated to the Corps of Royal Engineers. St. Paul's was the Garrison Church of the No.1 TBRE from 1940-1946.The gift of Clitheroe and district branch of the Royal Engineers Association on the Feast of St. Michael and All Angels . 28 Sept. 1974.'

No names.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required