On original site
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
About the memorial:
Crimean war Memorial at Chatham Garrison Military Cemtery (Fort Pitt) II Crimean war Memorial. C.1858. Tooled rusticated plinth with one round-headed niche containing the insciption: 'To the memory of many brave British Soldiers buried near this spot who gave their lives for the honour of their Sovereign and Country in 1854-8'. Surmounted by informally arranged cannons, pick-axe, rifle and shovel in cast-iron (painted). The nearby Crimea House, now part of Fort Pitt Grammar School for Girls (qv Ref 13/37), served as a hospital during the Crimean War.
c Historic England listing entry
Edit memorial details