American War Memorial

Submit a new image

Reference WMO248982

Address:

People's Park

Park Road

Tiverton

EX166AY

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Stone of remembrance
Materials:
  • Stone Granite
Lettering: Raised
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Tiverton became the Headquarters of the 4th Infantry Division in 1943, many of whom lost their lives during the D Day landings. The War Memorial was given by the Division’s Veterans’ Association and the dedication ceremony took place on June 6th 2011. An earlier plaque lies to the front, which is inscribed 'These trees were planted on 3rd June 1999 as a living memorial to the 4th Infantry Division USA'.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details
Report this condition update
View more details

‘In memory of our Comrades in Arms D Day June 6th 1944. Presented by the Arizona Chapter 4 IDA June 6th 2011’.

None

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required