- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Hospital wing and large tablet with names.
Wm lost as hospital was closed in 1970s and demolished in 1980s
" In 1922 the same year the foundation stone was laid by Alderman Will http://www.newhamstory.com/node/1141Thorne, JP, MP, for a new £40,000 Out-Patients Department, which would also be the War Memorial of the County Borough of West Ham. Built on what was the middle of Chant Square, the new Out-Patients block was opened by Prince Henry at 11.00 on 11th November, 1924. It was the largest war memorial of any kind in Great Britain, and the fourth largest Out-Patients' Department."
Lost Hospitals of London
Edit memorial details