On original site
Attached to a building/structure
- Metal Bronze
- Stone Marble
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The memorial is on the wall of the north aisle towards the west end of the church. It is immediately above the separate WW2 memorial.
The bronze plaque is attached to a piece of grey marble. Protruding from the top of the plaque are two crouching angels who are supporting a coronet. The Angel's nimbuses and the coronet are enamelled in gold. The plaque's corners are clipped making it 8 sided and a wreath of green enamel olive leaves go round the sides, tied to the whole with gold crossed ribbons on the side and base. At the top there is a title between 2 Roses enamelled in white and green. At the base below the panel of names is a motto ribbon with quotation.
At the bottom right inscribed is the maker's name "Nelson-Dawson. - Fecit -"
Edit memorial details