Church Street Garden of Remembrance

Submit a new image

Reference WMO252639

Address:

9 Church Street

Bridgnorth

WV16 4EH

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Garden
Lettering: No lettering
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: set in the middle of a row of terraced cottages leading up to St Leonard's church, this garden of remembrance was established after world war 2 bombs struck in several places in Bridgnorth and 2 ladies, one from here and one from Cliff Cottages, were killed. the garden is well kept with a plaque on the wall to the left and a paper notice with information next to the gate.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

Church Street Garden of Remembrance, civilians killed by enemy action 1940 The Almshouses of the/ Bridgnorth/ General Municipal Charities/ Founded in the reign of Henry VI/ Part of this building was demolished/ by enemy action on 29th April 1940/ and was rebuilt in the year 1950/ The adjoining land , which was the site of / a cottage which was the site of/ a cottage also demolished by enemy action/ was made into a Garden of Remembrance/ out of funds raised by Alderman J W C Bowers/ whilst Mayor of Bridgnorth / November 1947 to May 1949/ This tablet was erected on the 5th day of May 1952/Percy Blackford JP/ Mayor of Bridgnorth/William McIntyre LL,B/ Town Clerk and Clerk to the Justices

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required