King Edward VI School

Submit a new image

Reference WMO252862

Address:

St Edmundsbury Cathedral

Angel Hill

Bury St Edmunds

IP33 1LS

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: Unknown
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Incised
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Within the Cathedral, on the left hand (north) wall of the nave.A rectangular stone plaque, surmounting a central arch within which are the illuminated arms of King Edward. Beneath, on the central column illuminated by a gold cross are the words: Their name liveth for evermore. To the Glory of God and in memory of the Scholars of King Edward VI School Bury St Edmunds who gave their lives in the second world war 1939-1945. On either side, in two recessed panels, are the names of 30 scholars, listed in alphabetical order, with no details of rank or unit. In the each of these two panels is an illuminated emblem of crossed arrows behind a red rose and surmounted by an Edward Crown. (To the left is a similar memorial commemorating those of the Great world war)
Edit memorial details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required