Bankfield House Community Centre

Submit a new image

Reference WMO253989

Address:

St Michael's Church

Banks Road

Garston

L19 8DE

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Metal Brass
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: The memorial was an extension to a house, as a community centre demolished in 2012. The memorial recorded here is a plaque commemorating its dedication in 1959. The house was once the manager's house for the Bibby Copper Works in Garston; then St Michael's Church vicarage, then a Community centre. An extension was added as a WW2 war memorial.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

BANKFIELD HOUSE/ THE CENTRE WAS OPENED ON 13TH JULY 1959/ BTY THE LORD MAYOR OF LIVERPOOL/ (ALDERMAN H.N. BEWLEY C.B.E/ AND DEDICATED/ BY THE LORD BISHOP OF LIVERPOOL/ (THE RIGHT REV. CLIFFORD A. MARTIN D.D. LL.D.)/ AS A MEMORIAL TO THE MEN AND WOMEN/ OF GARSTON KILLED DURING THE SECOND/ WORLD WAR (1939 - 45)

No Names

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required