On original site
Attached to a building/structure
About the memorial:
Location: On the north wall of the church, adjacent to the Brundall Village War Memorial window.
Marble memorial tablet. Dimensions: 61 x 104 cm approx.
Straight-sided carved frame with indents and "Rococo style" scrolls at the top with incised and painted inscription including the names of the fallen. Central cross at top with sun bursts incised and laid with gold leaf and blue paint.
The positioning of memorial plaques in Brundall and Braydeston churches was proposed at a Brundall Parish Council meeting on 29th March 1951 “to commemorate those who fell in the last war”. However, at the meeting of 24th May 1951 “it was found that the council had no power to provide for this purpose”.
As memorial plaques were under discussion in the district it is probable that the above tablet was funded and installed at around this date by the Parochial Church Council.
Another WW2 carved wood tablet was also installed in the Brundall Memorial Hall which added the names of two men from Braydeston (G Broom and F Read) and another one from Brundall (E Ready).
Edit memorial details