On original site
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
Initially established through fundraising by the “Brundall Welcome Home and War Memorial Fund”, it officially opened on 11th November 1948. At first it comprised only a former Boulton & Paul wooden hut, but this was replaced in 1971 by a sports hall. During the 1980s a rear extension was added but by 2000 it had been refurbished and further extended to facilitate the growing needs of the village community. It was formally opened by Lord Blake of Braydeston on 7th April 2001. It houses the WW2 Memorial tablet for the men who died in that war as well as a clock presented as a gift to the hall committee by the close relatives of those men named on the tablet and unveiled by Mr R B Palmer on 28 July 1950.
Edit memorial details