On subsequent site(s)
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
This memorial was originally sited at the entrance of the CWS Canning Factory in Lowestoft. It was made up of two parts - the upper part was a decorative pediment with a crossed rifle and sword in scabbard, the lower part contained the names.
When the factory was demolished, the memorial was moved the the Waveney District Planning Offices on Rectory Road where it was kept in a garage. The offices were demolished in c2009 and housing built on the site. The lower part of the memorial reappeared in the front garden of the new housing complex. The whereabouts of the upper part is unknown.
Edit memorial details