Bell ringers respect

Submit a new image

Reference WMO255248

Address:

St Editha;s Church

Church Road

Tamworth

Tamworth

B77 1AB

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Timber Oak
Lettering: Painted
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: This is a written dedication recalling a muffled bell ringing to show respect for the lost of a bell ringer while on active service. It includes the names of his friends and is situated in the bell tower of St Editha's Church Board is dark with a gold outline and writing in gold lettering recording the details. the names of the ringers and another dedication to a lady who also died in the same year.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

Archdeaconry of Stafford In this tower was rung on the 10th February 1915 in 3 hours and 11 minutes A PEAL OF STEDMAN TRIPLES 6040 CHANGES (recorded in capital letters on the dedication) Rung with the bells half muffled as a token of respect to the late Pte. F.J. Keen Grenadier Guards who lost his life in the Great War January 20th 1915

Pte F.J. Keen

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required