On original site
Inside a building - public/private
About the memorial:
Proposed to provide and place in the parish church in memory of the parishioners who lost their lives in the Great War
1) A manual organ by Messrs W.E. Richardson and Son of Manchester in the North Arcade.
2) Memorial tablet on the East wall of the church porch.At a cost of £450.
The memorial tablet is to be of Caen Stone and about five feet by about five feet with pink and black marble inlet and gilt lettering and is to bear the following inscription namely:
Unveiled 3rd April 1920 vy Major A. B. Johnson, DSO. dedicated Rev J.M.F. Dumphreys.
Provision and placing on the South wall of the Nave a tablet of White Ancaster stone about 3 feet 1 inch by about 3 feet 1 inch in size / Seal affixed 20th February / 1952 Faculty Book #31
William Kent Allix
Location is high on northern interior wall of church, north of altar. Composed of white stone with black lettering, all on a black stone background. Dimensions of black background are 0.9m wide by approx 1.5m high. The white wide base section is 0.85m wide by 0.23m high, and there are 2 white supports beneath this, both are 0.07m deep and 0.15m wide. The central white section is 0.71m wide and 0.66 m high. Above this section was a crossed flag and badge motif, across virtually the whole width and remaining height of the black background.
Charles Hammond Allix
C H Allix Location is immediately west of Capt Allix. Composed of white stone rectangle on black rectangular background, wording in black. Dimensions of black background are 0.76m wide by 0.61m high. White stone section is 0.61m wide by 0.45 m high.
Edit memorial details