Attached to a building/structure
Altar or Altar Part
- Timber Timber (any)
- Timber Pine
Inscribed on a plaque
About the memorial:
Reredos to the altar of the church (which was sold to an unknown buyer in 1978), with accompanying plaques. The smaller one, to the son and daughter of Sir John Harmood Banner, who married the daughter of local coal-owner Thomas Knowles, was re-used in 2002 to form a replacement WW2 Memorial in the building into which the congregation moved in August 1978. That then formed a companion Memorial to the larger plaque, bearing the names of Parishioners who died in WW1, which had been in storage since 1978.
The Memorial was Dedicated on 9th July 1921.
Edit memorial details