Inside a building - public/private
Font or Font Cover
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The font cover was donated by St Mary's Girls' Guild in memory of parishioners lost in WW1. It was dedicated by the Bishop of Liverpool on 25th February 1923.
It was lost when the church was demolished in 1978, no record of its disposal having been made.
The plaque to the right in the first image was originally sited behind the font - but would have been obscured by the font cover - so was presumably moved to put it in plain view.
Edit memorial details