On original site
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The Victory Hall, also known as the Parish Hall, east of the church of St Cuthbert, Lytham, was built at a cost of £7,000 to a design by the architect F. Harrison of Lytham and Accrington, and opened in 1920 when it was dedicated by the retiring Lord Bishop of Manchester, the Rt. Rev. E A Knox. Great care was taken with the design of the Victory Hall to echo the architectural style of the 1834-built Church of St Cuthbert (Grade II*) using red brick with sandstone dressings beneath a slate roof. Rectangular in plan, the west wall has a centrally-placed war memorial affixed depicting the Roll of Honour.
Edit memorial details