County School Memorial


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO258795

Address:

Llandrindod High School

2001 Dyffryn Road

Llandrindod Wells

LD1 6AW

Wales

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Cenotaph
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: At Llandrindod High School there are several war memorials which were originally at the County School. Opened in January 1897, the County School was the first secondary school in this area of Radnorshire. It stood in Alexandra Road and was later renamed as a grammar school. Its war memorials were transferred to the High School in 1985. Plaques in the entrance hall commemorate County School pupils who died in the First and Second World Wars. The main war memorial on the premises is a cenotaph, on which are inscribed the names of pupils who died in both wars. Base surmounted by Cenotaph. Inscription on three side of the memorial. Wreath on each side of Cenotaph.
Edit memorial details

Front face: "IN HONOURED MEMORY OF / (19 WW1 names) / OLD PUPILS OF THIS SCHOOL WHO / GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THEIR FRIENDS / IN THE GREAT WARS / 1914 - 1918 / 1939 - 1945. Left and right sides (25 WW2 names)

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required