On original site
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
Rough granite Celtic cross on square pedestal and base just inside the entrance of St Leonard churchyard, 1830 x 720 x 680mm Unveiled by two ex-sermen W, Green (Durham Light Infantry & R Horton (Royal Navy), dedicated by the Vicar.. Memorial refurbished in 2005 by Kent’s Memorials of Boston at a cost £3,640,
It has been recently listed as Grade II.
War Memorial Trust, Bulletin No. 30, Summer 2006, Page 13.
Edit memorial details