On subsequent site(s)
Inside a building - public/private
Roll of Honour or Book of Remembrance
- Glass Glass
- Paper Paper
- Timber Timber (any)
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Roll of Honour with highly decorative border in a glazed wooden frame, executed in calligraphy on a pre-printed form. 29 served and returned. 7 Fallen. See names on IWM 78812 or SWMP link.
Grantshouse Free Church was built 1847 in Houndwood; dismantled stone-by-stone and then rebuilt in Grantshouse in 1888 and became United Free in 1900 and Church of Scotland in 1929. In an area overpopulated with churches and depopulating of people it was closed in the mid-1970s with parishioners going up to Houndwood. This roll was in Houndwood Parish Church until it closed in the mid-2000s (services are now in Grantshouse Village Hall) but when it closed it travelled up with the Houndwood roll to Reston Church. Grantshouse Church is now a house and Houndwood Parish Church is now a crematorium.
Edit memorial details