Melrose Free Church of Scotland WW1 + Church of Scotland WW2

Submit a new image

Reference WMO260656

Address:

St Cutthbert;s Roman Catholic Church

High Cross Avenue

Melrose

Scotland

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Metal Brass
Lettering: Incised
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Brass Plaque for WW1 with an addition for WW2 attached below. See names on IWM Register 78857. Scottish War Memorials Projectz tells us that this church was originally United Presbyterian (circa. 1847), which became the Free Church of Scotland in 1900 and the Established Church of Scotland in 1929. In about 1980 the church became St.Cuthbert's Roman Catholic. All the original memorials were left intact.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

TO THE GLORY OF GOD/and in proud remembrance of/THOSE CONNECTED WITH THIS CHURCH/WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES IN THE GREAT WAR/[names in 3 columns]/THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE/ 1939 1945/[names in 3 columns]

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required