On original site
Attached to a building/structure
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
Window and High wall mounted horizontal rectangular grey stone with raised edges framing a flat centre section with inscription in black lettering erected on the south wall of the nave
It has been decided to restore the west wall and south west window of Wyberton Church in memory of the late Captain and Mrs Meaburn Staniland, who resided in the parish, and attended the Church during their married life. Mrs Staniland had this matter much at heart, as is shown by the fact that she sent £19 to the Rector a short time ago, to be used for this purpose in memory of her husband. The wall and window are at present in a dangerous condition, and this ancient church is so near Boston that the form the memorial is to take must appeal to all friends and neighbours who appreciate the character and worth of the deceased. A tablet will also be placed in the church stating the purpose for which the restoration was completed.
Boston Guardian – 05 February 1916 – page 7
Edit memorial details