North Owersby


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO264112

Address:

St Martin

Church Lane

North Owersby

North Owersby

LN8 3PN

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Screen
Materials:
  • Timber Oak
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: To provide and place a screen of carved oak at the north western corner of the parish church of Owersby so as to divide the north western corner of the south chancel, which is used as a vestry, from the rest of the nave, as a memorial of those parishioners who lost their lives in the Great War. That the said screen to be about seven feet nine inches by about eight feet six inches. To place on the screen a brass tablet one foot two and a half inch by about eight inches in size with the following inscription namely: The screen was erected to the greater Glory of God and in grateful memory of (here follows six names) of this parish who made the supreme sacrifice in the Great War 1914-1918" "Their names liveth for evermore" Faculty Book 14, page 627, dated 4th December 1922 The following is a brief review of the War Memorial situated in the Parish Church of St Martin. The Memorial comprises a carved wooden screen erected facing east on the north side of the nave some 3' 6" above the floor. A brass plate 9 " by 12 " thereon bears an embossed red cross above black letters, which state
Edit memorial details

This Screen Was Erected To The Greater Glory Of God And In Gratefull Memory Of (names) Of This Parish Who Made The Supreme Sacrifice In The Great War 1914 - 1918 ' Their Name Liveth For Evermore '

William Baxter Ben Lyons Charles Bedford John William North Herbert Doncaster Harry Scott

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required