Grantham - 4th Bn Lincs Regt (Royal South Lincoln Militia)

Submit a new image

Reference WMO267977

Address:

St Wulframs Church

Church St

Grantham

NG31 6RR

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Metal Bronze
About the memorial: Brass plaque with the long sides mounted vertically, all lettering is raised. Immediately in from the edges of the plaque is a border of leaves, this is parallel to the edges along all sides but the top where it moves upward from each side toward the centre where each finishes in a swirl which meet at the top centre. In the inverted V formed by this arrangement is an 8 pointed star with the Lincs Regt badge at its centre, the background to the regimental badge is in blue enamel and shows the only colour on the plaque. low on wood panelling immediately to south side of altar. 0.38m wide and 0.81m high.
Edit memorial details

The colours above [now missing] this brass belonged to the 4th Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment (Royal South Lincoln Militia) and were deposited in this church on March 28th 1908 after the disbandment of the Battalion. The following officers then held commissions - Colonel Lord J.P. Joicey-Cecil MP. Major E.K. Cordeaux. Capt. & Hon. Major J.G. Thorold. Capt. & Hon. Major M.H. Hall. Capt. & Hon. Major J.A. Cole. Capt. G.B. Massingberd Mundy. Capt. C.J.E. Parker. Lieutenant C.H. Mack 2nd Lieutenant E.H. Owen. 2nd Lieutenant Lord Cochrane. Capt. & Adjutant F.D. Gibbes. Lieutenant & Quartermaster W. Church.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required