TRUMPINGTON

Submit a new image

Reference WMO121600

Address:

High Street (A1309)

Junction with Church Lane

Trumpington

Cambridge

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Roadside
Description: Latin cross
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Incised
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: This memorial was erected in 1921 and was dedicated on Sunday 11th December 1921. It is of Portland stone, consisting of a shaft fourteen feet six inches high surmounted by a cross, standing on a base four feet square, on a flight of three steps.The four sides of the shaft are inscribed with the names of 36 men from WW! and on the base a later addition of 8 men from WWII. Below the shaft name panels are four carved panels, these represent St Mary and St Michael (the patron saints of the village church), St George for England and in the fourth a figure of a soldier. The memorial was designed and sculpted by Eric Gill and is listed Grade II*. Further details of the memorial and the men commemorated can be found on the website of Trumpington Local History Group.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details
Report this condition update
View more details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Grade II* (England)

1245571

Information Required

Information Required