WAR MEMORIALS ONLINE ("We" “Our” “Us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. War Memorials Online is run by War Memorials Trust with the support of English Heritage.
This policy (together with Our Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy any other documents referred to on them) sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is WAR MEMORIALS TRUST of 42a BUCKINGHAM PALACE ROAD, LONDON, SW1W 0RE. Registered Charity No: 1062255.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- All information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk (“Our Site”). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of concern reports or applications you make through Our Site.
- Details of your visits to Our Site and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at, and used at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To notify you about changes to Our service.
- To populate Our Site content where you have submitted information and agreed, by sending information, that details can appear.
- To improve Our resources and services.
If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, please tick the box (where relevant) situated on the relevant application form or contact Us by email or telephone indicating the same.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.