War Memorials Trust is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our view and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting our websites or providing your personal information to us you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Who are we?
War Memorials Trust is the charity that works for the protection and conservation of war memorials across the UK. War Memorials Trust is a registered charity (no. 1062255). The registered address is 14 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0QP. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) reference Z4804429.
The Data Controller of the Trust is the Board of Trustees of the Trust.
The Data Protection Officer of the Trust is the Director of the Trust.
How do we collect information from or about you?
We may obtain information about you in a number of ways, including when you:
· correspond with us by phone, email or letter
· report a concern about a war memorial
· apply for a grant
· make a donation or membership subscription
· order merchandise
· register as a volunteer
· complete surveys for research purposes
· fill in forms on our websites
· report a problem with our websites
· access resources on our websites
We may also obtain information about you in a number of ways, including when we undertake research into:
· potential sources of income
· potential partnership organisations
· potential beneficiaries of our work
What information do we collect from or about you?
We only collect the minimum personal information needed for our systems and processes. The personal information we collect might include your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, information regarding what webpages are accessed and when and financial data which might include bank details, credit/debit card information and tax status if needed for tax efficient giving. If you make a donation online or purchase merchandise from us, your credit or debit card information will only be used to process your donation via our third party payment partner Worldpay.
How will we use the information about you?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including to:
· respond to conservation or general enquiries
· process a grant application
· record custodianship of a war memorial
· process a donation or membership subscription
· process merchandise orders
· process a volunteer application
· send you marketing information
· ensure content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
· populate the content of our websites where you have submitted information and agreed that details can appear
· carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
· notify you about changes to our service
· improve our resources and services
· contact you regarding income generation
· contact you about potential partnerships
· contact you to offer our assistance via our Conservation and Learning Programmes
How long will we keep your information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Full information on our Data Retention Principles are available to download here.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you in a number of ways, including:
· on our behalf (for example to process donations and send you mailings)
· on your behalf (for example to discuss your grant case with our funders)
However, when we use third party providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have an agreement in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Third party organisations with whom we may share your information include:
· Grant scheme funders
· Financial organisations
· Worldpay – when you are using our secure online donation form, your donation is processed by a third party payment processor, Worldpay, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of debit/credit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us
· Printing, mailing and postage companies
· IT companies
· Website hosting companies
We may send you information about our work to protect and conserve war memorials.
If we do so, we will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given us explicit consent to do so. Otherwise we will only contact you for marketing purposes by post.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone on 020 7834 0200.
How you can access and update your information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. If you have a change of contact details, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at War Memorials Trust, 14 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0QP.
You have the right to ask for copy of the information War Memorials Trust holds about you. To access this information contact us via the details above or see here for full information on how to make a request.
Where and how we store your personal information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. All information you provide us is stored on our secure servers. Any credit or debit card transactions will be encrypted using Worldpay technology.
Where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
War Memorials Trust will not use your personal information for any form of automated or semi-automated analysis or profiling.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and you should read the policy of that third party site.
13 or under
We aim to protect the privacy of children aged 13 or under. If you are aged 13 or under, please get permission from a parent or guardian before you provide us with your personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
The information you provide us will not be transferred to countries outside the European Union (EU).
To raise a complaint about how we have handled your information please contact the office at the contact details below.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can do this by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113 or visiting their website.
How to contact us
· By email at email@example.com
· Write to us at War Memorials Trust, 14 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0QP