On original site
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Red sandstone obelisk upon three sandstone tiers, mounted with five slate plaques. Cross on top of obelisk.
The memorial was unveiled on Sunday 09 November 1924. It was unveiled by Mrs J. Christian and Mrs T. Crowe, each of whom lost two sons in the war. The Superintendant ministers of the Ramsey Wesleyan Methodist and Primitive Methodist Circuits, Rev. P.H. Simpson and Rev. P. Anderson, took part in the service. The memorial was dedicated by The Archdeacon Ven. J. Kewley M.A.
The memorial was designed by Mr Cosmo Kendall, of Andreas and the erection was done by voluntary labour.
Information provided by the Isle of Man Government Preservation of War Memorials Committee.
The memorial was extensively renovated in 2014/15 and given an overall pinkish cladding. The corners were sharpened and flat cladding stones placed on the horizontal portions of the steps. A kerb with gravel infill was added.
Isle of Man National Inventory of War Memorials: IOM_NIWM_AND_00001
Edit memorial details