Littleport

Submit a new image

Reference WMO201000

Address:

St George's Church

Church Lane

Littleport

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Clock tower
Materials:
  • Metal Bronze
  • Stone Limestone
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Bronze plaque originally mounted on the Town Hall (now the village library). Consecrated in 1920. Reconsecrated to include Second World War names in 1960. Moved to current site and reconsecrated in 1989. Memorial also includes the church clock and chimes (see inscription)
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details
Report this condition update
View more details

IN MEMORY OF LITTLEPORT MEN WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR 1914 - 1918 THE NEW CHURCH CLOCK WITH CHIMES WAS ERECTED BY VOLUNTARY SUBSCRIPTIONS [NAMES] 1939 - 1945 [NAMES] WE SHALL REMEMBER THEM

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required