St Andrew's URC WW1


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO222707

Address:

St Andrew's URC Church

Glencrutchery Road

jct Ballaquayle Road

Douglas

Isle of Man

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Alabaster
  • Stone Marble
Lettering: Painted
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Beige plaque in Sicilian marble, framed in alabaster with blue and gold mosaic border. The memorial was originally situated in St Andrew's church at Finch Road, Douglas. It was moved in 1988 when the church was demolished. The plaque was removed and re-sited at the new location of St Andrew's Church, Glencrutchery Road, Douglas. The new St Andrew's church and memorial were dedicated on 25th April 1989. Messrs J. Wippell of Exeter designed the memorial. It was originally erected by Mr T.H. Royston. Isle of Man National Inventory of War Memorials: IOM_NIWM_DOU_00011
Edit memorial details

'To the Glory of God / and in memory of / J. Brown C. R. Dundas H. Killey / W.C. Cannell A. Dunlop G.R. Kirby / F.W. Carrie J.A. Fraser A. Ogley / T.R. Clarke J. Harvey J.W. Quine / J.D. Cretney W. Kewley J. Wallace / 1914-1918 / J.D. Arbuckle W.E. Crebbin J.P. Newbiggin / G.E. Cain F.T. Kilsby D. Oakley / J.F Combe J.N. McHarrie T. Quayle / A. Nash / 1939-1945.'

See under Inscription details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required