15th Isle of Man Light Anti-Aircraft Regt WW2

Submit a new image

Reference WMO222821

Address:

The Royal Chapel of St John the Baptist

Main Road (A1)

St John's

IM4 3NA

Isle of Man

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Metal Bronze
  • Timber Timber (any)
Lettering: Raised
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: This memorial was originally sited in Douglas Drill Hall, Tromode and was put in store on 19 June 1968 when the hall underwent a change of use. On 19 June 1968, a Ceremony of Unveiling and re-dedication took place at the Legislative Buildings before it was erected in a Government office. The new unveiling was conducted by His Excellency Sir Peter Stallard, K.C.M.G.., C.V.O., M.B.E., Lieut. Governor. The memorial was later removed when the building was refurbished, and was erected in its final resting place at the Royal Chapel, St Johns, on 11 November 2004.It is now set on the wall inside the church alongside the Normandy veterans memorial (Ref 222819). A duplicate of this memorial, on paper and set into a glazed frame, is in the Manx Aviation and Military Museum (Ref 230973). It may be that this is where confusion has arisen as to the memorial's location after it was moved? The memorial is bronze on a wooden backboard with white lettering and is in good condition. Below it is a small brass plaque incorporating the Royal Artillery cap badge and printed information about the regiment in a glazed frame. It is Site Number IOM_NIWM_GER_00003 in the Isle of Man National Inventory of War Memorials.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

See photographs

See photographs

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required