Chapel of St Nicholas


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO223006

Address:

Bishopscourt

A3

nr Kirk Michael

Isle of Man

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Marble
Lettering: Incised
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Bishops court was formerly the palace of the local bishop but it and the chapel are now privately owned. The memorial is a rectangular white marble tablet on black marble backboard with pilasters on each side of central section comprising inscription in black lettering. At the top is a triangular pediment with a cross and crown engraving. Isle of Man National Inventory of War Memorials: IOM_NIWM_MIC_00003
Edit memorial details

'To the Glory of God / and in memory of the men of Bishop's Court district / who died in the Great War 1914-1918 / for King and Country / Bertram R. Barron. Septimus P. Brew. / John J. Boyde. Robert A. Boyde. / Herbert R. Cannell. Wilfred Smith. / Rev. Disney C. Woodhouse C.F. B.D. / 'Their name liveth for evermore'. '

See inscription section.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required