Tregaron Memorial Hall

Submit a new image

Reference WMO227500

Address:

Main Road (B4343)

Tregaron

Wales

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Roadside
Description: Hall
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Built in 1875 as a market hall by Aberystwyth architect and builder Roderick Williams, funded by the Powell family of Nanteos, for whom he also worked as estate architect.Altered in 1922 when it was rebranded as the Memorial Hall, with plaques either side of the main door, one referring to the 1922 alteration and dedication (see SN6859 : Plaque, Memorial Hall), the other the Great War commemorations (see SN6859 : Plaque, Memorial Hall ). A further plaque was added on the right hand side of the facade following the Second World War (see SN6859 : Plaque, Memorial Hall). It underwent a full £100,000 renovation in 2011-12 funded by grants from the Welsh government, Ceredigion council and the European Union. (c Ian Capper, geograph)
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required