Salwarpe Village

Submit a new image

Reference WMO228702

Address:

War Memorial Green

Copcut Lane

Salwarpe

Nr Droitwich Spa

WR9 0AH

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Other cross
Lettering: Incised
About the memorial: Celtic encircled cruciform, tapered column iconographic circled loops, cross base squared shaft with inscriptions carved into stone, highlighted in black.On three stepped Portland stone block base. Erected in 1920 from monies raised by public subscription. Monument stands within an asymmetric triangle of grassed area interspersed with Mature Oak, semi mature trees and saplings. Wooden memorial bench positioned centrally. The memorial land registered as Public Open Space October 2012.The Monument and land owned and administered in perpetuity by Hindlip,Martin Hussingtree & Salwarpe Parish Council, for the benefit of the inhabitants. The monument and surrounding memorial land restored 2012 to 2014, and re-dedicated on 3rd August 2014, WW1 Centenary Commemoration.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

North Base inscribed: : In grateful Remembrance of (names listed)who died for their King and Country and also of all other men of Salwarpe who fought in the Great War. North upper base step inscribed 1914-1918. West Base inscribed: William Heading Mitchell. Chaplain RNVR, Rector of the Parish 1935-1943. West upper base step inscribed: 1939-1945.

1914-1918: William Bruton, Henry and Arthur Dovey, Matthew Hartland, Bernard Mantle, Albert Prescott .and Percy Ernest Dovey. 1939-1945: William Heading Mitchell

Hindlip, Martin Hussingtree & Salwarpe Parish Council

hmhspc@gmail.com

Information Required

Clerk to the Council, PO Box 6986, Kidderminster, DY11 9FB

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Salwarpe Conservation Area

Information Required