Commemorative window for the Air Gunnery School, Andreas

Submit a new image

Reference WMO233057

Address:

Church of St Andrew

Andreas Road

Andreas

Isle of Man

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Other window
Materials:
  • Glass Glass
  • Metal Brass
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: St Andrew's Church has an upper area of seating at the rear and the entrance to the church is at the back, beneath this upper level. A wall has been built to make the area under the upper level a separate room and it is into this that two etched glass windows have been set. They are accompanied by a brass plaque on the church side of the wall. The two windows are of plain glass with an etched badge on each: on the left window is a depiction of the RAF Crest and on the right window a depiction of the Gunnery School crest with crossed machine guns. Brass mounted plaque at the back of the rear aisle pew beneath a window, bears the etched crest of the Royal Air Force and a memorial inscription. Isle of Man National Inventory of War Memorials: IOM_NIWM_AND_00005
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

The inscription on the plaque reads as follows: 'These windows were installed / by members of / No. 11 Air Gunnery School, Andreas, / 1943-1946 / and were dedicated / at their re-union service / on Sunday 8th August 1993 / We Shall Remember Them.'

None

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required