On original site
Inside a building - public/private
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The building was designed in 1920 by E. Vincent Harris but construction was delayed 8 years because of the economic climate in the early 1920s. Eventually construction started with the laying of the foundation stone on 27 June 1929 and the City Hall was officially opened on 22 September 1932. It was originally proposed in 1916 as a Memorial Hall to commemorate the dead of the Great War but by the time of completion the name had changed to Sheffield City Hall. (Found on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_City_Hall)
The memorial hall forms one room of the larger City Hall.
Edit memorial details