On subsequent site(s)
Inside a building - public/private
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The war memorial was originally sited in the baptistery of St. Andrew's Sharrow Parish Church which became structurally unsafe and was demolished in 1998. The memorial tablets were transferred to their present location (formally Psalter Lane Methodist Church) when a Local Ecumenical Project was formed in 1998 and named St. Andrew's Psalter Lane Church. The marble tablets have since been remounted in an oak frame and sited in an adjacent building, Shirley House, belonging to the church and which has public access during normal working hours. The refurbished memorial was rededicated on Armistice Day 2017.
Edit memorial details