Tamworth Hall of Memory

Submit a new image

Reference WMO238895

Address:

Tamworth Hospital (Redundant), Tamworth, Staffs

Tamworth

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Roadside
Description: Hall
Materials:
  • Metal Bronze
  • Timber Timber (any)
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: The Hall of Memory with the Porte Cochere (covered porch) was built as an extension to the Hospital in 1924 and opened by HRH the Duke of York (King George VI). There are bronze plaques within the Hall of Memory and are what are described as the Tamworth and District War Memorial. They are so-called because 2 of the 3 plaques list the names of all the 608 fallen of the Borough and surrounding villages in the District.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

MAIN TABLET - THEY WHOM THIS HALL / COMMEMORATES WERE / NUMBERED AMONG THOSE / WHO AT THE CALL OF KING / AND COUNTRY LEFT ALL THAT / WAS DEAR TO THEM, ENDURED / HARDNESS, FACED DANGER, & FINALLY PASSED OUT OF THE / SIGHT OF MEN BY THE / PATH OF DUTY AND SELF- / SACRIFICE, GIVING UP THEIR LIVES THAT OTHERS / MIGHT LIVE IN FREEDOM. / LET THOSE THAT COME AFTER SEE TO IT THAT THEIR NAME BE NOT FORGOTTEN TWO PLAQUES ON EITHER SIDE - THESE WALLS RECORD THE NAMES OF 608 MEN / OF TAMWORTH AND NEIGHBOURHOOD WHO / GAVE THEIR LIVES IN THE WAR OF 1914-1918 / NAMES UNDER EACH DISTRICT IN TAMWORTH

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required