Erskine Church WWII

Submit a new image

Reference WMO250779

Address:

Co-operative funeral parlour

Dewar street

Dunfermline

KY12 8AD

Scotland

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Metal Bronze
Lettering: Raised
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: The war memorial plaque commemorating the fallen of the Second World War was removed from St Andrews Erskine Church in Dunfermline about 20 years ago when the congregation moved out, and has been in storage at the premises of the Cooperative Funeral Care Service in Dewar Rd, Dunfermline, ever since. Chalmers Church united with Queen Anne St Church in 1942 to form Erskine Church. The memorial is a fairly small brass plaque, measuring about 300mm by 200mm, with incised lettering which has been filled with wax. The plaque records the names of 10 men who fell in the Second World War. It is designed to be fixed to a wall or to a timber backing with large brass countersunk screws.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details
Report this condition update
View more details

To the glory of God and in memory of the men of this church who fell in the Second World War 1939 - 1945

Anderson, David..; Arnott, Ralph.; Barber, Richard.; Forrest., Donald.; Kennedy, Donald T.; Macaulay, John.; McCulloch, John G.; Mckenzie,Alexander R.D.; Mitchell, Jas.; Tweedie, Jas.; Young, David

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required