Headington Quarry, Oxford: War Memorial, Holy Trinity Church

Submit a new image

Reference #250991

Address:

Holy Trinity Church

Headington Quarry

Oxford

OX3

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Calvary
Materials:
  • Stone Limestone
Lettering: Incised
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: The memorial was unveiled at Holy Trinity churchyard in October 1920 by General Sir Robert Fanshawe, KCB, DSO with the Bishop of Oxford performing the dedication. Its architect, “Mr Howard”, is presumed to be Frank Ernest Howard (1888–1934). It was carved by Alec Millar of Chipping Camden, and was masoned and erected by E. Coppock and F. Goodgame of Headington Quarry.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

East side: 1914 / – / 1918 / TO THE MEMORY OF ALL THE MEN FROM THIS PARISH / WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES IN THE GREAT WAR. West side: 1939 / – / 1945

(no names)

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required