On subsequent site(s)
Inside a building - public/private
- Paper Paper
- Timber Timber (any)
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
on the wall of the library next to the large Tipton WW1 roll of honour is a small gold decorated handwritten list of names with inscription saying that these were from the Coneygre Mission Church.
From the website of Tipton Remembers, the mission church was a sister church to St Martin's and was located in Coneygre Road near the present day Mission Drive. The church was last used in 1970s and finally demolished circa 1983.
One of the parishioners made a final visit just before demolition and saved the memorial which was lying broken on the floor. The memorial was almost 30 years in safe storage in his garage until a small project had it conserved and restored in 2012. L Jeavons appears twice in the list and Gazey did not die in the war.
Edit memorial details