On original site
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Colyton Memorial Social Club is a two storey attached building within a conservation area of Colyton. The first floor contains a snooker room (housing two full sized snooker tables), a committee room and a toilet. The ground floor consists of a lounge (providing the facility to play pool, darts, skittles and cards) with a bar; a cellar and two toilets.
The Club was founded on January 1st 1921 as a permanent memorial to the Officers and Men of the Parish of Colyton who fought in the First World War. A Roll of Honour (dimensions 1050mm x 805mm) hangs in the lounge of the Club. It lists the 332 names of the men of the Parish of Colyton who fought in the First World War and the names of the 43 of those who died.
Edit memorial details