Inside a building - public/private
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
Church bell known to be dedicated as memorial to the fallen of WW2.
Plaque hanging in the nave of St Mary's church gives the following details -
IN MEMORIAM. There are five bells in the church tower, of which the lightest (the treble) was hung in 1946. It was GIVEN BY ALDEBY AND WHEATACRE/ IN MEMORY OF THE MEN WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES 1939 - 45. The other four bells are of the 17th Century, two dated 1633, one dated 1671 and one dated 1677
Edit memorial details