Stv Luke's War Memorial Chapel


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO254495

Address:

St Luke's Church (closed)

Moor Street South

Blakenhall

Wolverhampton

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Chapel/church
Materials:
  • Brick Brick
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Comments: In 1919 a faculty was granted to convert the choir vestry into a war memorial chapel, at a cost of three hundred pounds. A plain rectangular brass plaque mounted on the wall. Inscription is carved in black.
Edit memorial details

THE CHAPEL WAS PROViDIED BY THE/ PARISHIONERS AND WAS DEDICATION ON/ MARCH 6TH 1920 TO THE GLORY OF GOD/ AND IN GRATEFUL MEMORY OF THE GALLANT/ MEN OF THIS PARISH WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES/ IN THE GREAT WAR OF 1914-1919/ "Greater love hath no man than this. That/ a man lay down his left for this friends."

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required